A not-for-profit organisation, SYC invests back into the Australian community, helping more than 55,000 people every year with housing, education and employment.
Founded in 1958 to support young people experiencing disadvantage, we now extend this expertise to people of all ages.
SYC supports the people we work with to create a life without disadvantage, to build sustainable independence and to experience wellbeing in all areas of their life.
Our Vision is to be the most effective provider of services that foster wellbeing, independence and opportunity for all Australians.
We achieve our Vision by designing, developing and delivering services in our Learning, Working, Home and Justice portfolios – and by having a deliberate focus on Wellbeing in everything that we do.
Our Wellbeing focus applies equally to the people we work with and the people who work for us:
- All our services contribute to improving wellbeing in the people we work with.
- We aim to provide to our employees a working environment and culture that keeps them happy, healthy and safe.
Our Service Portfolios:
- Learning | Enabling people to acquire knowledge, skills and experience that can be retained and applied
- Working | Helping people to gain and sustain work in all its forms
- Home | Working with people to have a stable home, a sense of home and to feel safe and secure in their home
- Justice | Supporting people to build pro-social connections and make positive choices
SYC Ltd. is a not-for-profit company and is a registered charity with the ACNC.