We’re here to help you make a plan that’s unique to you so you can achieve your work or study goals.
Workforce Australia – Transition to Work service supports young people aged 15-24 on their journey to enter employment or complete education.
Transition to Work is for young people who:
- Are 15 to 24 years of age,
- Have not completed Year 12,
- Have not completed higher than a Certificate II qualification,
- Not engaged with another employment service
- Are not working more than eight hours per week
- Are not enrolled in education,
- Have not attended school or education for 13 weeks.
At your first appointment, you’ll meet your specialist Youth Employment Coach. We will talk to you about what you enjoy, what you are good at, what you want to do and discuss any support you need to ensure you achieve your work or study goals.
How we help you
You will have access to SYC’s range of youth-specific programs and supports to help you achieve your goals, as well as:
- Information about work or study options
- Training and support to get you ready for work
- Support to be prepared to commence study
- Support to write a great resume and job application
- Learning how to stand out in an interview
- Workplace tours or work experience
- Access to driver’s licence and learner support services
- Access to professional mental health support
- We talk with employers in your local area to find the right job for you.
Once you start your job or study, we’ll stay in touch with you to make sure everything is going okay. If you need extra support or have difficulties at work, at home or in your personal life, SYC’s team is there to support and help you.