Transition to Work is for young people who:
- Are 15 to 24 years of age,
- Have not completed Year 12,
- Have not completed higher than a Certificate II qualification,
- Not engaged with another employment service, like jobactive,
- Are not working more than eight hours per week
- Are not enrolled in education,
- Have not attended school or education for 13 weeks.
At your first appointment, you’ll meet your specialist Youth Employment Consultant. We will talk to you about what you enjoy, what you are good at, what you want to do and discuss any support you need to ensure you achieve your work or study goals.
We’ll work together to make a job plan that’s unique to you and focused on your work or study goal and what needs to happen to make your goal a reality.
How we help
- Information about work or study options
- Training and support to get you ready to work
- Support to be ready to commence study
- Support to write a great resume and job application
- Learning how to stand out in an interview
- Workplace tours
- Work experience
Once you start your job or study, we’ll stay in touch with you to makes sure everything is going okay. If you need extra support, or have difficulties at work, home or in your personal life, HYPA’s team is there to support and help you.
HYPA works with services and organisations in your local community so you can get the help you need. Together with our partners, we will get you ready for work, help you find a job and stay in work or study.