Disability Employment Services (DES) is a program designed to help people with disability find work – and stay in work. It’s a free service funded by the Australian Government.
Are you eligible for DES?
You are generally eligible for DES if you:
- have a disability, injury or health condition
- are at least 14 years old but not yet at the Age Pension qualifying age
- are at or above the minimum legal working age in your state or territory
- are an Australian resident or eligible Visa holder
- are not studying full time (unless you’re an Eligible School Leaver*)
*Eligible School Leavers – Full time, final year secondary school students with significant disability or young people transitioning from an eligible state or territory transition to work program or School Leaver Employment Supports (SLES) are eligible for DES.
Job Prospects’ employment consultants can help you find out if you are eligible for support, and how to get started. We can help you work through capacity assessments with Centrelink. Generally, you will need to:
- have a valid Employment Services Assessment (ESAt) or Job Capacity Assessment (JCA) recommending DES
- have a Future Work Capacity of eight or more hours per week
- not be working at or above your assessed work capacity (some exceptions apply)