We are seeking a talented Full Time Work Ready Coach to join our Strathpine team!
Within our organisation, our Transition to Work service helps young people who are 15 to 24 years of age to develop skills and confidence to make the move from high school to training, employment or further education.
Duties of the successful applicant include:
The Transition to Work (TtW) program provides intensive, pre-employment support to improve the work readiness of young people and to help them into work (including apprenticeships or traineeships) or education.
In this role, you will provide professional, individual tailored services to people in achieving successful employment and/or education outcomes.
- Conduct intensive assessments of young people to identify their individual needs, barriers, and career goals
- Provide effective case management, coordination, and client services
- Work to achieve specified Transition to Work (TtW) program outcomes, including placements
- Develop individually tailored case management plans
- Provide proactive coaching and support of participants on work experience activities.
- Provide referrals, including therapeutic interventions, to assist young people to meet their job plan
In this role, you will have a strong engagement skills and ability relate positively to young people in all backgrounds. You will be flexible team player with high degree of professionalism to provide individual tailored services to young people.
Qualifications and Experience include:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (e.g., Social Work, Psychology, Counselling)
- Experience in conducting client assessments, developing case plans and writing case notes and reports.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with young people and service providers to achieve quality outcomes for clients
- Sound interpersonal, conflict resolution and negotiation skills; and the ability to identify innovative and lateral solutions to problems
- Demonstrated ability to achieve outcomes
- Knowledge of education, training, and employment options available to young people
- Must have a current and valid driver’s licence and your own registered vehicle with a 4 or 5 star ANCAP safety rating