We are now looking to fill multiple casual and part-time positions within the HYPA Homes team, Located in Barossa and Gawler area.
Working across 24/7 rotating rostered shifts, including sleepovers, weekends and public holidays, the successful applicant will:
- Build and promote a positive and thriving community within the HYPA Homes residential facility that supports the young people residing in the home.
- Provide daily therapeutic support to the young people in a manner informed by attachment and trauma informed care.
- Ensure daily basic needs are met for the young person within the home such as providing the young people with a balanced diet, prompts with hygiene, support for school engagement, and other basic needs.
- Develop and facilitate activities that promote independent living skills including assistance with cooking, meal planning, budgeting, shopping, and maintaining a house and other daily living requirements.
- Maintain and contribute to a current individual Therapeutic Care Plan for each young person within the home.
- Mentor and coach young people to assist them to achieve their goals.
- Attend and co-facilitate house team meetings that contribute to the overall care plan of each young person.
- Assist and support young people to develop links and build their capacity to be part of their community.
- Completed, or currently working towards a minimum Certificate IV qualification in a relevant discipline (e.g. Youth Work, Social Work, Social Science, Counselling) is essential
- Current HLTAID003 Provide First Aid Certificate or equivalent is essential.
- Experience in working with young people with complex trauma is essential.
- Experience in developing case plans and case noting and report writing is desirable.
- Prepared to undergo Psychological Assessment
- A current Driver’s Licence and willingness to drive is essential.