A great opportunity to be part of SYC’s Rent Right SA Team. We are seeking a full-time, Lived Experience and Engagement Manager.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The RentRight SA Lived Experience Engagement Service lifts the voices of people within our community who have previous or current experience of the housing and homelessness systems in order to shape housing and homeless sector reform, and to ensure continuous improvement in service delivery, and policy development.
As our Lived Experience and Engagement Service Manager you will have proven success working within a consumer participation framework or leading lived experience engagement activities to implement and champion this sector wide initiative.
As the Lived Experience and Engagement Service Manager, you will:
- Effectively lead the co-design of the Housing and Homelessness Lived Experience Framework, working collaboratively with the sector, SAHA and Lived Experience Reference Groups established by the service.
- Oversee the development and ongoing activities of the Aboriginal Lived Experience Reference Group and the Lived Experience Reference Group
- Develop, manage, and maintain relationships with existing stakeholders and reference groups
- Initiate and maintain new connections and professional networks with relevant organisations to help create impactful Lived Experience Engagement activities
- Conduct research; gather and analyse qualitative and quantitative data and produce written reports describing the risks and protective factors related to tenancy success
- Inspire, lead and coach a team to achieve outcomes
- Continually reflect on service delivery, identifying challenges, best practice opportunities and ideas to contribute to addressing systemic issues to improve tenancy sustainment rates and affordable housing options
As the Lived Experience and Engagement Service Manager, it is important that you possess the following experience and skills:
- Demonstrated significant experience leading lived experience and co-design engagement activities is essential.
- Proven experience in successfully managing and leading teams and projects is essential.
- Experience working directly with key internal and external stakeholders, including management, government departments, other sector organisations and funding bodies is essential.
- Lived experience of the housing and/or homelessness sector is highly desirable.
- Tertiary qualification in Behavioural or Social Science or currently working towards is highly desirable.
- Strong computer literacy across Office365 and CRM programs, with the ability to compile research, analyse data and report trends to make recommendations
- A current valid Driver’s Licence, willingness to drive, and your own registered vehicle with a 4-5 star ANCAP safety rating