We are now searching for a full-time, Youth in Work Coach to join the team in Brisbane!
About The Role
As an Youth in Work Coach you will be supporting young people under the age of 25 years to help them gain and remain in work. This role provides intensive coaching support, through the utilisation of specifically developed coaching tools, to young people who experience disadvantage and both non-vocational and vocational challenges to work success.
This position is a 2 year fixed term contract with the possibility of extension.
The successful candidate will work across Brisbane CBD and Brisbane North.
Duties of the successful applicant include:
- Be passionate about young people, with experience in the youth and community sector. A background in youth work would be a big advantage!
- Provide tailored support that develop the identified gains in personal capabilities, skills and needs within their action plans.
- Provide one-to-one coaching to a group of 25 active participants
- Develop a goals and progress schedule for each participant.
- Develop and maintain relationships with employers and stakeholders who may provide referrals, influence outcomes, and provide opportunities or support for your participant group.
- Be a go getter who is self-motivated to provide coaching to young people whilst juggling the required administrative tasks.
- Tertiary qualifications in a discipline relevant to youth work or social services is highly desirable
- Proven experience in effectively engaging and working with disadvantaged young people (16-25 years age range) in a coaching/development role to build personal action plans and self-efficacy.
- Experience in delivering services in a contractual outcome-based team environment and working to key performance indicators.
- Experience working in partnership with other support services to address young people’s barriers to obtaining and maintaining employment (e.g. mental health, housing, legal, substance use).
- Strong computer literacy, and experience using Office365
- Must have a current and valid driver’s licence and your own registered vehicle with a 4-5 star ANCAP safety rating.