SYC is searching for a full-time Clinical Care Practitioner who will be based in Kent Town.
As a Clinical Care Practitioner you will be providing clinical expertise and guidance for SYC’s out of home care programs.
This role is responsible for facilitating social and psychological assessment, intake and transition supports for young people
Duties of the successful applicant include:
- Coordinate and oversee the initial referral of young people into SYC care programs
- Contribute to the development, implementation and regular review of individual care and transition plans
- Provide specialist psychological intervention, assessment, referral, and consultation services
- Provide clinical expertise and support to employees regarding ethical and effective ways to address the social, clinical, and wellbeing needs of young people
- Participate in the ‘On-Call’ roster/s and provide crisis response when needed
- Provide high-level clinical consultation and regular clinical supervision with the care support employees
- Registration with the appropriate professional authority (i.e. AASW, AHPRA) is essential
- Minimum bachelor’s degree qualification in Psychology or Social Work is essential
- Extensive proven experience working in a human service delivery setting is essential
- Experience and or qualifications in the delivery of clinical supervision is essential
- Demonstrated ability to lead, guide and support employees and demonstrate excellence in clinical practice and case management skills
- Demonstrated experience working with clients with high and complex needs, particularly young people who are disadvantaged by homelessness, family breakdown, poverty, lack of education, violence, or trauma.
- Demonstrated work experience in therapeutic service/program with children and/or young people
- Willingness to participate in an out-of-hours on-call roster is an essential requirement of this role
- Possession of a current valid Driver’s Licence and willingness to drive is essential