We are looking at how housing and homelessness services are provided in South Australia. We are committed to strengthening the voices of people with lived experience of housing and homelessness services in SA to help guide and inform the South Australian Housing Authority’s (SAHA) reform of these services to better meet the needs of people using them.
Membership to the Lived Experience Reference Groups is currently at capacity, if you would like to express your interest in being part of future groups, please complete the Expression of Interest Form below.
Purpose of the Reference Group
The role of the Lived Experience Reference Group is to provide expertise, perspective, advice, advocacy and feedback on issues relating to how housing and homelessness services are delivered in South Australia.
This will include:
• Attending reference group meetings, forums and other engagement activities
• Advising relevant groups on the needs of people using these services
• Developing the Lived Experience Framework and implementation strategies to reform policies and services to reflect client feedback
• Providing input into housing and homelessness policy and sector reform.
Knowledge, Experience and Personal values
• Experience of South Australian housing and homelessness systems
• Willingness to speak openly and honestly about your experience of the housing and homelessness systems. SYC can provide an interpreter if required.
• A strong interest in influencing systems change by advocating for the needs of those experiencing or at risk of homelessness
• Ability and desire to work closely within a group requiring co-operation, inclusiveness, effective listening skills and respect for diversity.
Members of Lived Experience Reference Groups will be reimbursed by way of a $40 gift card for attendance of each reference group meeting. If you are interested in being part of this group or in providing some information in other ways, please fill in the Expression of Interest Form below.