Warm Greetings, we would like to share with you an opportunity for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders who have lived experience with the housing and homelessness sector of SA. It is our hope that your lived experience and cultural expertise can be voiced and actioned towards changes in housing for all our people in the future. Our yarns will be used to help guide and inform the South Australian Housing Authority’s (SAHA) reform of these services to better meet the needs of our people using them.
We are seeking expressions of interest from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples who have current or previous experience using housing and homelessness services in South Australia to join our Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Lived Experience Reference Group.
Purpose of the Reference Group
The role of the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Lived Experience Reference Group is to provide expertise, perspective, advice, advocacy and feedback on issues relating to how housing and homelessness services are delivered in South Australia.
This will include:
• Attending reference group meetings, forums and other engagement activities
• Advising relevant groups on the needs of people using these services
• Developing the Lived Experience Framework and implementation strategies to reform policies and services to reflect client feedback
• Providing input into housing and homelessness policy and sector reform.
Knowledge, Experience and Personal values
• Experience of South Australian housing and homelessness systems
• Empowerment to express your experiences around issues and treatment that was culturally inappropriate or not feeling valued in the housing and homelessness system. SYC can provide an interpreter if required
• A strong interest in influencing systems change by advocating for the needs of those experiencing or at risk of homelessness
• Ability and desire to work closely within a group requiring co-operation, inclusiveness, effective listening skills and respect for diversity.
You will be reimbursed by way of a $40 gift card for attendance at each reference group meeting.
If you are interested in being part of this group or in providing some information in other ways, please fill in the application form attached and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information visit www.syc.net.au/experience or contact Sheryl Boniface on 0417 905 893.