HYPA Housing is for young people aged 17-25 years who are homeless* or at risk of becoming homeless and assessed by SYC as:
- Willing to engage with the HYPA Housing Community Coordinator and Youth
- Currently engaged in 15 hours per week of education, training and/or employment;
- Sufficient living skills to live independently; and
- An ability to commit to community housing principles.
*Homeless means the young person’s current living arrangement:
- Is in a dwelling that is inadequate; or
- Has no tenure, or if their initial tenure is short and not extendable; or
- Does not allow them to have control of, and access to space for social relations.
In HYPA Housing, young people receive:
- Affordable rent;
- An individualised plan for achieving their goals;
- A strengths-based approach to linking them with their local community;
- Support to maintain employment, education and/or training;
- Assistance to develop independent living skills;
- Support in securing an ongoing, long-term housing option and a rental reference.
Holistic support is provided by:
- The HYPA Housing Community Coordinator who supports the young person to achieve their goals;
- Youth Workers who support young people in their independent living skills;
- Trained peer mentors;
- Support from the Community Leader.
Providing all information requested in this referral document will enable an assessment of eligibility to be completed. Please note, this form takes approximately 20-30 mins to complete. If you have questions about this form please email: email@example.com or call 8405 8500