TIAS is a state-wide service which provides free and independent information, advice and advocacy to help people on low incomes to sustain their tenancies in private rental, community housing or public housing.
TIAS can provide:
- Education, information and advice on your rights and responsibilities as a tenant
- Advocacy and representation in the areas of tenancy and landlord disputes, debt and eviction
- Representation at and assistance with South Australian Civil and Administration Tribunal (SACAT) hearings
- Encouragement and assistance to engage with mediation processes and to advocate directly with relevant housing providers
- Assistance to access internal avenues of appeal with relevant housing providers
- Referrals to and information on financial counselling and other services relevant to your circumstances