What services can I expect?
As an Aspire participant, we’ll be in touch with you before your first appointment to welcome you to Aspire, explain how it works and agree on a time for our first appointment. We understand that a parent’s time can be limited so we will make sure meetings are at a time and place that is convenient for you.
At your first appointment you will meet your Aspire Support Officer who will help you throughout your journey. Aspire Support Officers understand the local community and have had significant experience in assisting parents prepare to re-enter the workforce.
Your Aspire Support Officer will ask you about your goals and aspirations – the things you would like to achieve – your skills, your work history and your plans for study or work in the future. Together you will develop your personal Participation Plan. Your Participation Plan will include your goals, the steps you will take to achieve them and how SYC and other organisations can assist you.
Your plan will outline activities tailored for you to reach your goals. This may include:
- Career Counselling
- Support in Vocational Preparation
- Attendance at Aspire parent group meetings – where you can share your experiences with other parents
- Attendance at information sessions – about different types of training or jobs
- Preparing for training workshops
- Identification and enrolment in training or education
- Work readiness workshops
- Work experience
- Involvement in work-like projects to develop business and work skills