Can TIAS provide emergency housing?
TIAS is available Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm (excluding public holidays). TIAS can be contacted through free call number 1800 060 462 or the contact form here
Tenancy Advisors are also available at SACAT every Monday and Thursday, as well as Friday mornings, to offer advice and assistance to people attending hearings.
Tenancy Advisors can be available for face-to-face enquiries by appointment at a number of our sites:
Adelaide Metro: Monday 9am - 4pm
Christies Beach: Tuesday 9am - 4pm
Port Adelaide: Wednesday 9am - 4pm
Elizabeth: Friday 9am - 3pm
To make an appointment please call 1800 060 462
Assistance may be provided to low income households in:
- Public Housing
- Private Rental
- Community Housing
- Housing Co-operatives
- Rooming/Boarding Houses
Priority assistance will be given to households who are paying greater than 30% of their income in rent.
TIAS can offer advice and information on tenancy issues such as:
- Bond disputes
- Property maintenance
- SACAT processes
- Rent arrears
- Housing SA and Community Housing processes and appeals
TIAS cannot advocate for you, but may still be able to provide you with advice and general information if you are:
- Living in a caravan park or residential park
- Seeking emergency accommodation
- An agency or organisation
- Neighbour to neighbour disputes
Phone: 1800 060 462
TIAS is a state-wide service which provides free and independent information, advice and advocacy to help people on low incomes to sustain their tenancies in private rental, community housing or public housing.
TIAS can provide:
- Education, information and advice on your rights and responsibilities as a tenant
- Representation at and assistance with South Australian Civil and Administration Tribunal (SACAT) hearings
- Encouragement and assistance to engage with mediation processes
- Assistance to access internal avenues of appeal with relevant housing providers
- Referrals to and information on financial counselling and other services relevant to your circumstances
placeholder, redirects to tias overview
Working with our clients to have a stable home, sense of home and feel safe at home.
SYC’s youth services division – HYPA provides services and support to assist young people in securing a safe, stable home environment. The services are designed to address differing challenges faced by young people when needing to find alternative living arrangements, from crisis and emergency accommodation right through to achieving independent living and ongoing stability and security.
However, SYC also operates tenancy advice and support for tenants of all ages in South Australia, as provided via the Tenants’ Information and Advisory Service (TIAS). Please use the link for more information on TIAS.
Programs currently managed and operated by HYPA Home are:
- Trace-A-Place (Youth Gateway)
- East Adelaide Youth Homelessness Service (EAYHS)
- Integrated Housing Exits (IHE)
- HYPA Housing
- HYPA Breakfast Club
For full details on each of these programs, please visit the HYPA website here.
Please enter your location into the search field below to find your nearest SYC, HYPA, Job Prospects or TIAS office.
You can also use the coloured check boxes to filter your search results further.